NOTE, November 5, 2012. This is the page for RenderToolbox version 2. We are no longer developing or supporting this version. There is now a RenderToolbox3 which we are working on going forward. Please see https://github.com/DavidBrainard/RenderToolbox3/wiki. We are leaving the version 2 page here for now.
Basic User Documentation
- Introduction to the RenderToolbox
- Installation for Mac OS/X - download, install and test the Render Toolbox under Mac OS/X.
- Installation for Linux - download, install and test the Render Toolbox under Linux.
- Description of the examples.
- Exporting scenes from Maya to PBRT and Radiance formats.
- Group exporting objects from Maya
- How to use radiance_direct and pbrt_orignal to render scenes right from radiance or pbrt files. This allows you to bypass Maya but still specify material properties and object/light spectra.
- How to specify parameters to BatchRender
This documentation is outdated, but may be useful if you're looking at the code to BatchRender.